Proud to be a Northumbrian..

Should I or shouldn't I ? starting a blog seemed to be a difficult decison. As a people person its difficult not to want to yak to the world, But as some one who guards their privacy, Do I really want eveyone to know my thoughts ? Typical Gemini Up-Down, Yes-No, Each day for the stereotypical Gemini is invariably filled with decision making shall I shan't I? oh god our heads buzz with it. One thing I have no battle with is the place where I live. Northumberland, I have lived here all of my life and whilst many of my friends have spread their wings and flown to pastures new I have had no such desire. Encircled by family and long standing friends, Surrounded by the beautiful Northumbrian countryside I feel lucky... I want to clear one thing up straight away, anyone reading this from any where that is not classed as up North!! We in Northumberland are not Geordies, and whilst I have the utmost respect for my fellow Northerners, Northumberland has its own traditions, crafts and way of life.

Rolling Hills of Northumberland

Rolling Hills of Northumberland
Pity about the Electricity cable

Errington Reay Pottery

Errington Reay Pottery
The Village pottery, The last pottery in Enland licensed to salt glaze pots.
Powered By Blogger

Whats in a name?


Our Lovely Brown Hens Have Arrived
The Ladies are now settling in nicely, having arrived at their new home on Friday 13th June 08 ( not a good date to do anything with any risk involved) but so far so good. This is the third time we have had hens but this time is different. Before we have always had lots of other animals yep done the whole pet thing to extreme rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, horses, cats,dogs we have had the lot but after all these years we found ourselves petless.They were barred in their lovely new house for three days, they managed to survive the constant raising of their roof, and people clucking at them like new born babies. My brother brought us back to reality with a once you've seen one brown hen (enough said). A couple of nights of chasing them around the paddock and teaching them to walk the plank, then hey presto third night they put themselves to bed. Result, trained hens already. Nope not that easy now we have to chase them out of the garden and keep them out of the property next door.

The Corrie Girls

The Corrie Girls
Our charming brown hens.

The Little Hen Coup

The Little Hen Coup
They love their little pad...

Monday 7 July 2008

Blogging is annoying the hell out of me!!!!

I am finding being a blogger a bit annoying, firstly no comments yet ? secondly I can't seem to get things to stay on the page in the right order and thirdly a lot of my happening involve other people so its not possible to write them down...I change things constantly, I want my site to look exciting and ususal , so far I have only managed boring and lack lustre yep this blogging thing is blooming hard work >>>>>>

No comments: